26 November 2008

Monday - Wednesday

I was planning to take it fairly easy this week after the weekend's mud-fest. I went out for an early run with Jackson on Monday morning but kept to a pretty relaxed pace. At lunchtime though, I noticed that I'd lost my place at the top of the on-line training rankings and had to do at least 20 minutes of workouts to get back to the top again. So I reluctantly stopped by the gym and did 10k on the rower in just over 40 minutes which proved enough to regain my ranking! It shows how these training websites can act as motivation to train harder and longer- but the danger is that it can get a bit obsessive and over competitive.

Tuesday I didn't go for a run but had kick-boxing after work. It was a pretty good session and I felt pretty tired at the end so giving the run a miss was probably a good thing.

Today I did a 7k run along the Thames path and ran it at a fast pace - partly due to the fact that I couldn't spare much time and decided that rather than cut the run short I'd just aim to get round in less time. And tonight I'm off to yoga for a good old stretch!

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson