12 November 2008

Back on the road...

Just by way of a change (and despite planning to stay off the roads as much as possible) I went for an 11.5 km run through Farnham, out towards Aldershot and back via Folly Hill. I got round in just over 59 minutes which was a pretty reasonable pace bearing in mind the long climb up to the half-way point.

It's probably a good idea to use a run like this to measure my progress in terms of speed so I'll try to repeat it every couple of weeks and hopefully shave a few seconds off each time.

I'll try to get back to off-road runs for the rest of the week and take things fairly easy before doing the 'Hellrunner' on Sunday. I'm looking forward to all the waist-deep mud and lung bursting hills that that entails.

I need to start thinking about raising some money for charity. If I'm going to be putting in all this effort I guess somebody should benefit from it apart from myself. I haven't decided on a charity yet but I'm leaning towards a local holiday camp for disabled children called 'Woodlarks'.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vRlmwlrcloA
The other option (or maybe I can support both) would be SOS Children's Villages; a charity that helps street kids in third world countries. http://www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk/children-charity.htm

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson