2 December 2008

Training...

No racing at the weekend so it was off for a couple of steady x-country training runs; a 7k on Saturday and about 14k on Sunday. The Sunday run was a circuit of Hankley with Jenny and Jackson after which I ran home, with Jackson, via Frensham, Tilford Reeds and the Bourne Woods.

I'm starting to find that running 14k or more on a regular basis is becoming pretty comfortable even taking into account the hills and mud that are pretty much unavoidable around here. So the training is obviously paying off and I think it'll be good to gradually increase the mileage a bit more over the next couple of months. That's the beauty of having so long to prepare for the MDS - I'm not under too much pressure to increase the mileage too quickly and I'll hopefully avoid the risk of picking up injuries.

Monday lunchtime I had a really pleasant run along the Thames in bright sunshine but it looks like the weather's about to become a lot colder and wintry over the coming week - just in time for next weekend's 'Grim Challenge' race.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson