1 November 2008

Wet 'n windy...

and pretty cold with it!

We've got a 5 year old Springer Spaniel, 'Jackson', who's my regular companion when I head out for a run.



The two of us set out today for a 14k x-country session on a very unpleasant wintry afternoon but after a few minutes of feeling cold and miserable (at least I did, Jackson doesn't seem to care how cold and wet it is) we picked up the pace, warmed up and settled into the run.

I've made a point of keeping up the mileage over the last week since the Snowdonia Marathon and felt pretty relaxed today as I negotiated the sandy hills, muddy tracks and generally tough landscape - tough by Surrey standards that is!

Looking to do a similar sort of distance tomorrow. That reminds me - I need to stuff some newspaper into my trainers or I'll be stepping into a wet pair in the morning. Not very pleasant!

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson