11 November 2008

Shoes..

The recent spell of wet weather has been a good test for the new trail shoes. They're New Balance MDS 1100s; a shoe which, though obviously designed for running in the desert, perform brilliantly on the muddy trails around Farnham and Tilford. They seem to be slightly wider than the Salomons that I've always used in the past. The extra width means more stability on rough terrain and more room for my wide feet. The grip is pretty good too and I've never felt in danger of slipping and sliding; a problem I had at times with the Salomons.

Training over the last few days has been pretty steady although I think I was fighting off a cold on Sunday and had a headache and the shivers. So I kept the Sunday morning run down to about 8k and called off the mountain biking I was planning for the afternoon. Monday I felt okay again and got in a run before work and a good session on the rower on the way home; knocking 20" off my 5k time! Had a good 40' x-country run this morning and maybe get out again later for a road run around Farnham.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson