28 December 2008

Tempo run..

Just by way of a change I donned the rucksack and headed out for a fast run through the Bourne Woods and back via the Witches Cave near Compton Lane http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Ludlam's_Cave.

Despite carrying 8kg I managed to keep up a good pace and finished the 8.5k in 48 minutes which was about 3 minutes faster than my last attempt at the same run.

A couple of hours later I was persuaded to go to the gym with James who wanted to do some weights. I opted to do a 10k row and amazingly set a new pb of 40'37" - not bad considering the earlier rucksack run.

So at the moment my fitness is looking pretty good and I'm looking forward to Thursday's Knacker Cracker which James and I have decided to do with 10kgs in our rucksacks. This should add a bit more of a challenge to what's already a challenging run. Probably not going to bother wearing the gorilla suits though as the masks restrict forward vision too much to be able to safely negotiate the steps and steep hills.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson