4 December 2008

Dark, wet and windy...

Yes, at 6am it was a pretty nasty morning but as I'd offered to take Jackson for an early run I ventured out onto Hankley Common armed with a headtorch plus an extra torch which I carried. I was grateful for the extra illumination as the driving rain made it hard to see my way around the circuit. Even then I had a few close calls as my feet slid all over the place in the mud and nearly sent me flying.
And believe it or not, I didn't see anyone else foolish enough to be out in the wind and rain. Even the army were tucked up in the comfort of their sleeping quarters.
By the time I'd made it back to the car my hands were numb from the cold and I was soaked to the skin but, as always, I was glad that I'd made the effort to get out. I can honestly say that, whatever the weather, I've never finished an early morning run and wished I'd stayed in bed!

Had my certificate through from the Snowdonia Marathon yesterday. Apparently it's made from recycled sheep's pooh!!

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson