30 December 2008

Competitive Dad...

The trouble with having a fit 21yr old son who's also into running is that you sometimes get brought down to earth with a bump, as happened yesterday. Spurred on by my excellent time on the Witches Cave run on Monday, James and his mate decided to try to beat my newly established record - so off they went, both carrying weighted rucksacks. I settled down to wait for them to return, occasionally glancing at the clock in the vain hope that they'd come staggering up the drive in 50 minutes or so. But it was not to be; they somehow managed to get round in just over 39 minutes - a full 9 minutes quicker than my time. Huh, that's it, I'm gonna be upping the training from now on and including more speedwork and I'll be aiming for 38 minutes for the Witches Cave run in a few week's time. Watch this space....

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson