23 December 2008

Back on the rower...

Sunday 21st was the winter solstice so we can look forward to longer, lighter days in the weeks and months ahead which is good because it'll mean less money spent on headtorch batteries.
I went out with Jenny yesterday morning for an early morning run and felt pretty much back to normal after the virus. However, my session on the rower at the gym was a struggle - I managed to keep going for 30 minutes and registered 7267m which is probably the slowest I've been for a while but not unsurprising really. The good thing about rowing is that you get that screen in front of you which tells you your pace and predicted result so it's very difficult to slack off and take it easy. The competitive juices start to flow as soon as I start rowing and I don't think I've ever finished a session without feeling absolutely knackered!

Today's my last day at work and it looks like being a short day so should get home in time to take Jackson out for a run in the daylight which'll make a nice change.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson