12 December 2008

Full Moon

Somehow I managed to get in two runs on Wednesday. Firstly, an early morning run over the common measuring about 7k and then a lunchtime outing from work along the Thames which is about 9k. I guess I was just feeling a bit more energetic than usual.

The best run of the week though was on Thursday evening. I had planned a 10k around Farnham and Hale but opted instead to take Jackson with me on a night run across Hankley Common.
The night sky was partially cloudy and it was bitterly cold when I set off but after I'd been running for about ten minutes the sky cleared and the full moon emerged. There was now adequate light for me to be able to switch off the headtorch and continue the run by moonlight. It was a pretty amazing experience to be out alone, in the middle of nowhere, at night and to be able to navigate without a torch.

I'm keen to get out again tonight for something similar but it's pretty overcast at the moment so it looks like a road run around Farnham is on the cards.

I'll hopefully get in a couple of long-ish runs at the weekend - maybe do some extra hills in preparation for the Knacker Cracker race on the 1st of Jan. I'm determined to better last year's time on that one.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson