9 January 2009

Swim 'n run

Wednesday I had a day off from running but dropped by the pool on the way back from work. As expected the pool was really busy not only with New Year resolutioners trying to get themselves motivated but also with gym users who couldn't go to the gym because it was closed for refitting or something. The start of January doesn't strike me as a good time to close a gym anyway - surely more people will be using it than at any other time of year. Anyway the long and short of it is that the pool was packed with slow swimmers in all the lanes so it was hard to keep up any sort of momentum but I persevered and eventually managed to get my 1000m done.
Thursday I ran from work along the Thames and spiced up the run with some fartlek training on the run in from Chiswick Bridge. I should aim to do more of those sort of sessions as a way to hopefully get faster. Had planned a long run for the weekend but will have to see how domestic duties go before deciding.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson