27 January 2009

A good weekend...

Training went really well at the weekend.
Saturday I went off for a run with Jenny. We took Jackson on the long circuit round Hankley after which I ran home x-country but this time I added in a lap of Frensham Pond which took the overall distance to just over 12 miles. And I felt pretty good afterwards. Not tired at all despite the boggy conditions and hilly nature of the course.
Sunday morning I drove to Rushmoor for a hill session at the Devil's jumps with the rucksack. I was carrying about 8kg of weight and decided to see how things went, but maybe do three laps if possible. The first climb up to the top was a killer but, strangely, it seemed to get easier after that and I managed five in the end. I wasn't expecting to find the session easy as I'd done a long run the day before but maybe my increased fitness is starting to show benefits. Either that or I was just having a good day.
Sunday evening I had a little session with the punchbag and did some weights, chin-ups, skipping and core strengthening exercises. Have to admit I ached a bit on Monday but still managed to get in an 8k along the Thames.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson