13 January 2009

22 k Devil's Punchbowl run

Had a day off from all sporting activities on Friday apart from cycling to the pub!
On Saturday morning went for a leisurely 7k run with Jenny and Jackson followed by an afternoon swim at the Garrison Pool. Swam 1200 meters in about 25 minutes.
Sunday morning I set off for a long run from Stockbridge Pond through Frensham Common and the Devil's Jumps and up to the Devil's Punchbowl at Hindhead. I took a backpack with me but no added weight, just some water and bananas etc. I also took my video camera to get some footage of the route which I'll upload here when I get round to it. The run went pretty well and I managed to get to about 10 or 11 miles before starting to feel a bit of tiredness in the legs. The weather was brilliant though compared to recently; much less cold and with bright sunshine. The good weather seemed to bring everyone out for all sorts of activities; there were horse riders, mountain bikeres, ramblers, dog walkers and a couple of other runners.
I finished the run in about 3 hours for the 22k which wasn't too bad considering I stopped quite a bit for filming etc.

And then I was delegated the task of getting up at 5.50 on Monday morning to take Jackson out for a run! Despite it being pitch black and wet 'n windy I enjoyed the run and didn't seem to be suffering at all from Sunday's efforts. I also dropped by the Garrison for a swim on the way home from work. !600m in 31 minutes so getting a bit faster!

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson