5 January 2009

Back to work...

Well 2009 has arrived and the holiday is over and it's back to the daily commute to London in the rush hour traffic. First day back wasn't too bad though and I took my new Mizunos for their first outing along the Thames Path at lunchtime. They looked very white and clean and probably gave the impression that I'd rushed out and bought some running kit as part of a New Year resolution to get fitter and be more active! I need to dirty them up as soon as possible!

Looking back over the last year since entering the MDS I feel that my training reached a bit of a peak last summer with regular 20k runs most weekends and highlights such as the Dorking - Farnham 38k run that I did with Simon. I suppose that with the onset of autumn and winter the days are shorter and there's less opportunity to get those longer runs in but I need to be building back up again soon and really putting in the miles. The other factor I suppose is that I've been entering quite a few races during the last couple of months and they've tended to take priority at the weekends when I'd otherwise be going out for a few of hours training. On a positive note, I've so far managed to avoid injury but I guess that when I increase my mileage there'll be more chance of something giving way. I think that the way to avoid that is to build up the distances slowly over the next few months. I've also got to bear in mind that I'm doing the 'Picnic' marathon in June which is a real tough one and I ought to really be planning the build up to that.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson