30 January 2009

Getting lighter..

......the mornings that is!

Not much to report but have been getting up early the last couple of days and going x-country running with Jackson. It's now got to the point where it gets light before I finish the run unless it's a particularly gloomy day with lots of cloud cover.

Yesterday morning Jackson found a tennis ball in the middle of nowhere in the pitch dark, which was pretty impressive. He looked well pleased with himself when he came over to show me what he'd found! So we played 'fetch the ball from the thick heather in the dark' for the rest of the run, which involved me having to stop and throw the ball for him every hundred meters or so and then he'd race off in the general direction I'd thrown it and sniff it out and bring it back for the next throw! This kept us busy for a few miles and also meant that I was doubling up my morning sports activities to include running and ball throwing!

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson