22 January 2009

Early morning breakdown...

Not a good start to the day. Firstly it was pouring with rain and v. windy when I crawled out of bed at 6am to go for a run with Jackson. Then, on the 3 mile drive to Hankley Common I drove through a massive puddle and must have got water in the electrics because shortly afterwards the engine stopped and refused to start again. So I pushed the car off the road and decided to go for my run anyway and hope that by the time I returned the engine would have dried out and I'd be able to get home.
The run itself was a pretty dark, muddy, wet and windy affair and I hardly saw Jackson at all; he must have been off chasing deer or squirrels. I did hear lots of shooting and shouting though as the army were out on exercise. They must have had a miserable night of it!
We finished the run at about 7.10 and I approached the car with fingers crossed, which must have worked because the engine started straight away. Phew!
note to self: in future keep some WD40 in the car - just in case!

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson