7 January 2009

More night running...

I had planned a road run around Farnham and was thinking maybe I'll do a long-ish one of say 13 or 14k but then, as I got ready to leave the house, Jackson started jumping around in his way that he does when he knows I'm taking him for a run (which I hadn't planned to) and so I decided it wouldn't be fair to leave him behind on his own in the house but it also wouldn't really be very practical to run around the streets of Farnam for that sort of distance with a dog on a lead. So I thought, okay Jackson you win,and off we drove together for a headtorch-lit run around Hankley Common, which was probably more enjoyable and definitely less polluted by car exhaust fumes. The only thing I had to watch out for was that if I'd stumbled and broken an ankle or something I'd have been stuck out in the middle of nowhere with temperatures hitting -10 and probably would have ended up with hypothermia - so I trod very carefully on the frozen sand and rocky trails and even slowed to a walk in a couple of places. No such problems for Jackson though, he enjoyed himself, chasing around on the scent of rabbits and squirrels and in fact I only saw him a few times during the whole run but he was there at the finish and so I gave him a biscuit, put him on the lead and strolled back to the car, and pretty soon we were on our way home to get the fire lit and warm ourselves up.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson