22 February 2009

Speed and distance training.....

Okay, Wednesday saw a run along the Thames at lunchtime and a yoga session after work; the first one since before xmas due to the yoga teacher being out of action for the last 5 weeks after she fell on some slippery tiles and cracked her head...ouch!
Thursday night I opted for a road run through Farnham of about 10k and then on Friday morning I ran with Jenny on the short 7k Hankley run.
Picked Richard up from Gatwick late Friday night after his trip to Spain with Joe. He'd had a good time and even managed to squeeze in a days skiing in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Despite the late night, it was up early on Saturday morning - a gloriously sunny Saturday morning - and out for a run round the longer Hankley route with Jenny and Jackson. They returned home in the car whilst I took the scenic route on foot via Frensham Pond, Tilford Reeds, Bourne Woods and across to the Elstead Road and back past the Witches Cave. Total distance of about 21k.

The rest of Saturday was spent mainly doing stuff in the garden with the occassional break for some sunbathing - YES it really was warm enough to get the shirt off and soak up some rays!
Later in the day I had a very competetive game of squash against Richard. And somehow, despite their earlier workout, the legs kept going for 50 minutes.

Sunday was equally busy with a 40 minute x-country run first thing then loads of sawing and chopping in the garden This included chopping down the conifer that stood in front of the lounge window and blocked out all the light.

And then it was back to the Devil's Jumps for a hill session. I was in half a mind whether to go because my legs were feeling a bit jaded and I didn't feel particularly energetic. But I went anyway and was glad that I did. I ran four laps and my times for the climb were significantly faster than I acheived last Sunday. My record now stands at 1'44 and that's the target to beat next week!

1 comment:

Nike+ said...

Hello there Chris,
congrats for your blog and your passion. An email to get in touch?

Jackson

Jackson