7 February 2009

Slush...

Friday. Somehow I managed to get everything wrapped up at work by 2pm so jumped in the car and headed back to Farnham. It was raining as I left London but by the time I reached junction 3 of the M3 the rain had turned to snow. And as I reached Farnham the snow was getting pretty heavy. So I made a brief stop at home to get changed and to grab Jackson and then we were off to Tilford for a 10k dash around Hankley.

But it wasn't so much of a dash as a careful jog because the recent snow had turned into a soft, wet slush which was pretty difficult to run on. Also, the snow that was still falling wasn't really settling and was only adding to the general wetness. And somehow I managed to slip and fall over within 5 minutes of setting off and landed in a puddle!

Surprisingly I came across a few other folk out walking their dogs. There was the guy that looks a bit like Ed with the two Setters - Jackson had a scrap with one of them as we ran past! And then, a bit further down the track there was a women with two dogs - and Jackson had a scrap with one of those too! After that we didn't see anyone else for the rest of the run, maybe Jackson's new aggressive nature had scared them all off or maybe the weather conditions were just too adverse for most people to venture out.

Friday night the temperature dropped to minus 3 or 4 and the snow and slush turned crisp and icy. So the Saturday morning run with Jenny had a completely different feel to it. It was still hard work but more fun because it was much easier to avoid slipping over. The only downer was that I'd forgotten to dry out my trainers from Friday's slushy run and had to put them on while they were still soaking wet which was pretty horrible.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson