3 February 2009

snow...

A 10k x-country with Jackson on Sunday morning was followed by a 6k hike (also with Jackson) later in the afternoon. The snow clouds were looming in the distance and the forecast for overnight and into Monday morning predicted heavy snowfalls. Sure enough we awoke to 6 inches of snow on Monday morning.

This is a video of part of my journey to work, it normally takes an hour door to door; Monday morning I was traveling for over three hours!



Of course there was too much snow to make it safe for a run and being one of the few to make it into work, I was a bit pushed for time anyway. But today I'm planning to brave the ice and snow and get out to Hankley for an attempt at a 10k. It's probably safer to run off road at the moment as the roads and pavements are turning into ice rinks. I'll just have watch out for those crevasses and avalanches on my way around!

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson