13 February 2009

Pounding the streets...

So I've been doing a fair bit of road running this week, which I generally try to avoid. Staying off-road for the bulk of my training has almost certainly helped me to stay free of injuries. But I've been busy at work this week and not getting home until well into the evenings and the added time spent driving to Hankley for a run would have meant not getting back until 9pm and sitting down to eat at about 9:30pm. So I squeezed in a lunch run from work along the Thames on Wednesday and a 10k run through Farnham and back via Hale on Thursday. The snow returned on Thursday evening, making the pavements nice and slippery and somewhat difficult to run on in places but I managed to get round in about 50 minutes.

News from James in Buenos Aires was not good. They'd arrived safely but James was suffering very painful toothache and had to have emergency root canal work done to alleviate an abscess. He's had to go back to the dentist today for a second lot of treatment after which he should be okay to resume his trip, free of pain. I feel really sorry for him because he's been planning and looking forward to this trip of a lifetime for ages and must be feeling really down and depressed at the moment. At least he's got Jess with him to cheer him up and he's away from the miserable English weather.

Anyway it's an early start for me tomorrow morning as I'll be running in the G3 10k race at Newland's Corner. The race starts at 8:30am which is a bit on the early side but at least means I'll be finished by 9:30 at the latest and still have the rest of the day to do other stuff.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson