19 April 2009

Skyline 10k

Had a great race this morning.

The Trionium Skyline 10k http://www.trionium.com/skyline/ starts at Denbies Vineyard near Dorking. The race is organised by Dr Rob McCaffrey, who also puts on a number of other running events in the Dorking area. This was to be the inaugural Skyline 10k race but the course record of 45'11" had already been set by Dr Rob himself on a solo jaunt a few weeks ago!!
The first 2k is up a steep track onto the North Downs. Then it's a further 3k along flat-ish trails until the 5k mark, at which point you turn around and run back to the start. The weather was fantastic and the views amazing. My race plan was to just try to pick off as many runners on the initial climb as I could and then really go for it on the flat section, knowing that I'd have the luxury of a 2k downhill finish. Everything went pretty much according to plan and I came in a respectable 39th place out of 169 runners. My time was 48'49" which means I was averaging about 7:52/mile. Not bad for a hilly x-country run!
The rest of the day I spent on other activities including some lawn mowing, weeding, table tennis and finally a hard game of squash with Richard.
I think I've overdone it a bit today though or maybe had too much sun because I'm feeling a bit shivery and tired now, so it's off to bed early tonight.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson