5 April 2009

Plans...

I've decided that from now on I'm going to use the car as little as possible and just walk or cycle everywhere when practical. So no more jumping in the car to buy a newspaper or go to the shops in Farnham. That way I'll be adding in some additional training and saving on fuel costs.

I covered about thirteen miles on a run this morning, which took me on a circuit of Hankley Common followed by a couple of miles up the road and around Frensham Pond, then through Tilford Reeds to Tadpole Lane and across to the Elstead Road and back home via the footpath that passes the Witch's cave and the old finishing school.

I'm going to aim to increase my weekend long run to about 15 miles in the next few weeks and try to incorporate a midweek tempo run of about 9 or 10 miles plus a weekly hill session. I reckon the combination of those three elements, plus a couple of shorter runs, should start to increase my fitness and endurance in good time for the 'Picnic' marathon in June.

I checked my resting pulse this morning and it was 44bpm which I think is pretty good.

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson