4 May 2009

Cross training

Well, I ended up having a light weekend as far as running went with a 5 miler on Friday and a couple of 4 mile runs on Saturday and Sunday but I did get out for some good mountain biking sessions. It was good to do something different and about time I the Marin out for a blast. The weather was perfect for cycling - not too hot but plenty of sun - and the trails were dry after the recent spell without rain.
The only drawback with the warmer weather is that the Adders are starting to come out of hibernation and are ready to pounce on any unsuspecting runners who happen to disturb them! I heard one slithering off into the heather as I ran past on Saturday and some dog walkers warned us that they'd seen one on a nearby trail that we were about to run on. I guess I should be more concerned about Jackson getting bitten as Adder bites can often be fatal to dogs. How do you train dogs not to go near snakes?

No comments:

Jackson

Jackson