29 January 2010

Update

Just over 2 months to go before the race. The last 2 years have flown by and it's all starting feel very imminent. I've started to get organised with buying kit and making sure I've sorted out all of my appointments for ecg testing and vaccinations etc. I've paid the final instalment of just over £1600 and have received my race number 913. The training's going okay although it was difficult for a few weeks when I had the snow and ice to contend with but I managed to keep going with a few sessions on the treadmill and rower as well as some pretty hardcore runs through deep snow on Hankley Common.
On New years Day I went with James to run in the Box Hill Knacker Cracker 10k. It was particularly muddy and slippery this year so my time was a little down on last year but overall I was satisfied. My next event is the Punchbowl Marathon which is a 30 mile run organised by the Long Distance Walkers Association (LDWA). It takes place in a couple of weeks and will be a good test of my endurance over fairly hilly off road terrain.

1 comment:

mizuno wave said...

Good to hear your update. Looking forward for your runs!!!

Jackson

Jackson